Sometimes a by-product of enjoying a little light humor is that we can use it in our everyday experience.
Here are a few of my favorites, and although simple and to the point, they can carry great meaning for us without the usual rhetoric involved in a formal lesson. I hope some of them resonate with you, and guide you on your path.
1. Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out.
2. Life is what happens to you while you’re making other plans.
3. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
4. Never hesitate to sacrifice who you are for who you could become.
5. It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog.
6. Practice “true grit”
7. Since light travels faster than sound; some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
8. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
9. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice
10. Never bring a knife to a gunfight.
11. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
12. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian, any more than standing in the garage make you a car.
13. Hope for the best, plan for the worst.